Overnight ice warning issued by Met Office.
Heavy snow is not expected to hit the East until mid-day tomorrow, however ice could cause difficult travel conditions overnight, the Met Office has warned.
Although light snowfalls are likely overnight the Met Office has switched its focus to ice as sub-zero temperatures persist across the region.
It has warned the public to be aware of the risk of difficult travel conditions due to either existing snow cover or icy surfaces.
From mid-day tomorrow a weather band is expected to bring 2-5cm of snow in some areas and perhaps in excess of 8cm towards costal counties.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North