October was the wettest recorded for 12 years
We have just had the wettest October for 12 years with 87 per cent more rain than the regional average.
Bury St Edmunds weather recorder Alan Messem says 98.8mm was the most for October since 124mm fell in 2000. This year 30mm fell on the 4th and 5th, it was then dry until the 11th when 5mm fell overnight. Then it rained every day from the 14th to the 21st.
Alan said Bury had 17days with more than 1mm which is the most for October for more than 20 years.
Rainfall so far this year is 140mm above the regional average.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west