Norton prepares for jubilee beer festival
A jubilee beer festival will take place in Norton next weekend.
The festival on June 4 will feature 12 local real ales, as well as cider, locally made lager, wine and soft drinks.
There will be commemorative beer glasses while local musicans will be performing in the evening, with band Small Man Running performing through to the lighting of a jubilee beacon.
Money taken on the beer festival will be split between the East Anglian Air Ambulance and Help for Heroes.
Entrance to the festival, which starts at 1pm, is free. The Norton Twinning Association will be providing food including a hog roast and barbecue from 6.30pm.
Richard Allen, a member of the Norton village jubilee committee said: “We hope that lots of people will support the day and the charities by coming along to what will be a fun day for all.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east