New homes for villages
TWO villages are set to have their housing demand eased after plans for six new homes were entered.
With a housing need survey showing that Worlington and Freckenham are short of six homes, Suffolk Housing Society has made the application to Forest Heath District Council.
The housing society is working with Freckenham and Worlington parish councils on the plans and the homes will only be available to people with a connection to the village.
Sue Philp, operations manager for Suffolk Housing Society, said the search for a site for the homes was extensive, with the plot in Freckenham Road in Worlington being settled on.
She added that the six would be ‘family homes’.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North