New flume ride brings the Amazon to Elveden
HOLD on tight.
This is a sneak peak at Center Parcs’ new Tropical Cyclone flume ride, due to open in November at its Elveden Forest site.
The ride will pump out 25,000 litres of water a minute and is designed to emulate rafting three of the greatest rivers on Earth, according to Barr + Wray Ltd, which is carrying out the work.
Bedford-based firm SDC is the main contractor for the £4 million project, which includes creating a new warm water pool, installing two filtration systems and adding new water features.
Lorne Kennedy, from Barr + Wray, said: “The new flume ride in the freeform subtropical pool will be one of the most spectacular in the UK.”
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east