Missing woman found dead
A body found in the water at Sudbury earlier today has been formally identified as Shirley Cassman.
She had last been seen alive at West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds on Tuesday morning.
Her son Jason Watt travelled down from Wiltshire today to help police in their attempts to find her.
Her body was found shortly before 11.30am this morning (13) in water at the ‘Swan Bridge’, Brundon Lane in Sudbury.
At this stage, as is standard procedure, the death is being treated as unexplained but there are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances.
The coroner has been informed. She was 68.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east