Missing Bury St Edmunds man found
Christopher Swindell, the 50-year-old man who went missing in Bury St Edmunds on Monday has been found alive in Cambridge.
The taxi driver had not contacted his family since leaving home at 5am to get a replacement battery for their car. His wife Julia appealed in the Bury Free Press on Friday for people to help find him.
He was found after a member of the public called Suffolk Pol,ice after spotting him in Cambridge at about 12.30pm today. An hour later, Cambridgeshire Police confirmed they had found him.
A Suffolk Police spokeswoman said: “Officers would like to thank the media and the public for their assistance with this appeal.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North