Minchin’s Apex date confirmed in new line-up
TIM Minchin, Turin Brakes and Ralph McTell will visit The Apex in the coming months as the autumn line-up is announced.
The Australian song-writing comedian’s re-arranged date has been scheduled for September 9 after his May 27 show had to be postponed.
Cajun star, Cedric Watson, the London Community Gospel Choir, the poet, Melingo, and Sharan desert blues act, Tinariwen, make for an eclectic selection.
Classical fans can enjoy the Co-Opera Co’s production of Don Giovanni after its performance of Carmen sold out last year. British pianist Benjamin Grosvenor and the New Zealand String Quartet are also scheduled during October and November.
Jazz lovers will be taken care of by Jah Wobble’s Modern Jazz Ensemble and pianist, Fred Hersch.
For more on the autumn line-up, see Friday’s Bury Free Press.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North