Mildenhall woman killed in motorbike crash
A WOMAN from the Mildenhall area was killed in a collision at Brighton Speedway on Saturday (8).
The 38-year-old woman was a passenger in the sidecar of a black Honda Asco motorbike when it collided with a wall at 6.15pm.
The motorbike was ridden by a 63-year-old man from London who suffered serious injuries and is in hospital in a critical but stable condition.
The pair were taking part in the Brighton Speed Trials, the longest-running motorsport event in the world.
Sergeant Huw Watts of Sussex Police’s Road Policing Unit said: “This was a tragic incident during what should have been an enjoyable event. Our thoughts are with the woman’s family and friends at this time.”
Sussex police have launched an appeal for witnesses to the collision.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west