Medals for marines in Libya rescue
Three marines who rescued an airman from RAF Lakenheath after his F-15 Strike Eagle crashed in Libya have been awarded the Air Medal with combat distinguishing Device.
Captain Erik Kolle, Captain David Potter and Sargeant Daniel Howington will receive the distinction on Monday in North Carolina, America.
Two airmen from RAF Lakenheath were in the F-15 fighter bomber when it crashed following an ‘equipment malfunction’ in March 2011.
The marines rescued Major Kenneth Harney who had ejected the aircraft in a Osprey vertical take-off aircraft.
The second airman Captain Tyler Stark, was rescued by Libyan rebels.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west