Man ‘failed to declare assets’
A Lavenham man claimed £34,000 benefits to which he was not entitled, it has been alleged.
Gary Raffle, 56, of Water Street, pleaded not guilty at Ipswich Crown Court this week to two offences of failing to notify a change in his circumstances between July 2006 and February 2011.
William Eaglestone, prosecuting, said Raffle failed to tell the Department for Work and Pensions and Babergh District Council when a house in London he inherited in 1993 sold for £300,000.
He added that those claiming income support and council tax benefit must fill in an annual form confirming their assets were below £16,000.
The trial continues.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east