Man faces nine sex charges
A man from Needham Market has been charged with nine counts of sexually assaulting a girl under the age of 13.
Russell Stiff, of Ranson Road, Needham Market, made no indication of a plea when he appeared at Bury St Edmunds Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday.
The 35-year-old, who was represented in court by John Hughes, is alleged to have committed the offences intentionally over a period of three years, between May 11, 2005, and May 10, 2008.
The offences he is accused of are in violation of the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
Allegedly, they involved the same victim and all took place in the same West Suffolk village.
For legal reasons, no further details of the victim can be reported.
Stiff was released on conditional bail until January 4, when he is due to attend Bury Magistrates’ Court for a committal hearing.
The conditions of his bail forbid him from contacting, by any means, the alleged victim and one other named person.
Ultimately, Stiff’s case will be heard by a crown court.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west