Man charge in connection with Debenhams bomb scare
A MAN has been charged with communicating false information following a bomb hoax at a Bury St Edmunds department store yesterday.
Steven Cook, 35, of Devon Close, Bury, is due before Bury St Edmunds Magistrates on Friday June 29.
Police were called Debenhams in the Arc Shopping Centre just before 2pm after complaints that a man was displaying threatening behaviour to staff. A man was detained on suspicion of causing a public nuisance.
But police say they were then told that a bag containing an explosive device was in the store so Debenhams was evacuated with nearby stores temporarily closed.
The bag was searched and nothing suspicious was found.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North