Magical league flies into school
A magical game has flown from the pages of Harry Potter to the school playing fields of Bury St Edmunds.
Students at King Edward VI School have launched their own Quidditch league - the renowned sport from J.K. Rowling’s bestselling novels - complete with broomsticks.
It was launched as part of a Year 12 induction programme.
Stuart Small, head of sixth form, said: “It was so popular that two students established a league. We have played six matches so far.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west