Let your hair down at record breaking panto in Bury St Edmunds
With a week to go until opening night, this year’s panto at the Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds is already breaking records.
The theatre says it sold 1,200 tickets for Rapunzel and the Rascal Prince. last week, taking the per centage of tickets sold to 73 per cent – a record for the theatre at this point of the year.
The theatre’s Head of External relations Chris Grady said: “There are some sold out performances, which is wonderful; but there is still good availability at the beginning of the run and after Christmas into January.
“We’re really excited about the wonderful show that’s taking shape, packed full of festive cheer — we can’t wait for you to join us and let your hair down too.”
The panto which stars Steve Wickenden (pictured) as the dame Hyacinth Horseradish runs from November 30 to January 13. Call the Box Office on 01284 769505 or visit www.theatreroyal.org
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North