Lauren’s winning design
WESTLEY Middle pupil Lauren Brown proved her ‘diamond’ artistic skills after winning a contest to design a sign for a plantation of Jubilee trees.
The 11-year-old’s efforts to mark the trees planted by fellow pupils at Gainsborough Recreation Ground, in Grafton Close, Bury, were chosen from about 15 drawings produced by members of the school’s art club.
The contest was organised by Suffolk County Cllr Mark Ereira-Guyer and her design was selected by John Smithson, parks development manager for St Edmundsbury Borough Council.
Kerry Allan, head of art at Westley, said: “I thought the pupils put in a really good effort and it was really nice.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North