Jogger Tim raises £700 for hospice
A JOGGER put his best foot forward when he completed a 105 mile run around the Lake District to raise more than £700 for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
Tim Fox, 45, finished 31st out of the 263 runners who took part in the Lakeland Ultra Tour.
The legal executive at Greene and Greene Solicitors, in Bury St Edmunds, completed the race in 29 hours.
Mr Fox, who is a member of the St Edmund Pacers running club, in Bury, said: “I was expecting it to be tough and to reach points where I felt like I couldn’t go on, but they didn’t materialise.
“If I’d kept counting the amount of miles I had left it would have driven me crazy.”
He chose the hospice because ‘it is a local charity that does a lot of good work’.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North