Ice cream was at a premium in the sun
Families flocked to Sextons Manor Primary School, in Bury St Edmunds, on Saturday, for the school fair.
There was plenty to keep visitors busy, which also raising funds for the school's PTA, with attractions including a football tournament, tombola, raffle, lemon balance, face painting, hook-a-duck, roll a coin, guess the number of sweets in a jar, a barbecue and a bouncy castle.
Demonstrations included martial arts, a dance group and drumming from Bury Army cadets.
Claire McKechnie, one of the organisers and vice-chairman of the PTA, said: "We had an awful lot of people there and it was warm, so the ice cream man sold out."
It is hoped the event raised a good sum for the PTA.
Click here to go back to our main news index.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west