Hunt for Bury’s best songwriter begins
The search for Bury’s best songsmith begins on February 20 with the start of the Bury Songwriter’s Competition.
Now in its sixth year, the competition is looking to create a stage for the cream of music talent in the area.
This year’s prize package includes a unique Nineboys Guitar, a day’s recording session at The Shrubbery Studios in Bury, £100 of gift vouchers for Sounds Plus, and an advice session with Joe Weaver from Toon Teen Industries, who manages chart-topper Lewis Mokler.
Budding songwriters are invited to attend the launch of the competition at the Masons Arms in Bury on February 20.
Organiser Neil Rayson said: “The aim of the competition is to give a platform and exposure to unknown artists and get them out of their bedrooms and into playing live music.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east