House fire in Onehouse
Six fire engines tackled a house fire at Onehouse near Stowmarket yesterday.
Fire crews were called at around 4pm to a fire at a remote detached house off Forest Road.
A crew from Stowmarket and Elmswell arrived first at the scene, finding the first floor well alight.
They called for more engines and began tackling the fire with two hoses.
Two further crews were mobilised from Needham Market and Bury St Edmunds and a command unit and support appliance from Ixworth.
At around 4.40pm, fire fighters reported they were using an open water supply from an adjacent pond to put out the flames and used breathing apparatus to enter the buiding and search for seats of fire.
Further crews were mobilised from Bury St Edmunds.
At 7pm fire crews reported the fire in first floor had been extinguished.
At 8pm, a stop message was received and a Thermal Image Camera and hose reel were used to identify and extinguish hotspots.
The occuplants of the house managed to escape the fire unharmed.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west