Horringer farmer could be told to take barn down
Horringer farmer Richard Ames could be told to pull down his barn, put up without planning permission in Sharpes Lane.
Objections have been made by the St Edmundsbury Borough Council’s conservation officer who says it impacts on a listed building, while Horringer Cum Ickworth Parish Council says the design dominates the street, and neighbours say it is not in character with the rest of the village.
The borough council’s development control committee meets, which meets next Thursday (3), will consider a planning application by Mr Ames to keep the barn.
Planning officers recommend the application be refused.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east