Hobby leads to new farm shop and cafe
FACED with redundancy, Tim Freathy decided to make his hobby into a thriving business.
Mr Freathy together with Mark Leadbeater had run six-acre Rookery Farm at Depden as a hobby – but when Mr Freathy’s directors job at the Government’s office for the East of England was under threat they started a year-long project to set up a farm shop, cafe and training centre.
“I was becoming more and more concerned about how much of our food was grown and produced commercially with profit margins driving the bottom line instead of quality, taste and animal welfare,” said Mr Freathy.
The shop was opened by West Suffolk MP Matthew Hancock on Friday.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west