High Sheriff pops in to Brandon
The High Sheriff of Suffolk paid a visit to Brandon Town Centre yesterday, getting to know the town.
Andrew Norman-Butler was given an tour of the town by Brandon Town Council chairman Reg Silvester and clerk Christine Mason.
He met stallholders at the market and shopkeepers before enjoying lunch at the Brandon House Hotel.
He also visited Brandon Country Park, the Little Ouse, Brandon Leisure Centre and Santon Downham.
Mrs Mason said: “We were quite honoured to have a visit from him and I think he was very impressed by the town. He’s also promised to visit us again.”
This was the High Sheriff’s first visit to Brandon.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west