Grade II building
A GRADE II building in Beck Row can be converted into five apartments.
Permission has been granted for part of the Old Smoke House, Beck Row, to be converted.
Within the planning application it was said that the applicant, Mr Melia, intended the four single apartments and one two-bed apartment to be temporary living facilities for USAF personnel.
During the planning process, residents living opposite to the site expressed concerns that their privacy would be affected and further development could attract pests.
Officers at Forest Heath District Council said these concerns were not grounds for the refusal of the application.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east