Fun day of music, dance and art African-style
The highlight of an African-themed week at Guildhall Feoffment Primary School gave all the pupils a chance to take part in a day of music, dance and art.
During the week each class at the Bury St Edmunds school studied a different African country, learning the diversity of culture, language and geography in the vast continent. But for the big day all years, aged five to nine, came together f often mixing art and music, for example, by making maracas and playing them.
In our picture, from the left, Ruby Kamwara, Joshua Vernon, Reuben Grimwood and Tobias Grey show off African-style face masks they made from paper plates.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west