Friends’ hub has make up session
Members of The Befriending Scheme’s Bury Hub have discovered how good it is to feel pampered.
Five members of Bury St Edmunds’ Boots’ No 7 beauty team visited the hub’s weekly meeting at the town’s Quaker Meeting House.
It was set up by hub volunteer Joy Seeley, a friend of beauty team leader Lisa Kidd.
For the women they painted nails in did foundation make up, while the men received hand massages.
Lisa said: “We’ve never done anything like it before. It was really nice and we’ll definitely do it again.”
The scheme began in 1989 to provides friendship and learning opportunities for adults from vulnerable groups, including those with mental health needs and older people. Fran Moore of the Befriending Scheme said they are looking for more volunteers.
“The hub is doing well but one to one friending in Bury has a waiting list,” she said. “We match up volunteers with people who want to get out into the community.”
Visit www.thebefriendingscheme.org.uk or call 01787 371333
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west