Fire crews extinguish blaze in Mildenhall sweet shop
Fire crews battled a fire in a Mildenhall sweet shop early on Friday morning.
One crew from Mildenhall and one from Newmarket responded to the alarm at 12.45am.
They found The Sweet Shop, in Market Place, well alight and used breathing apparatus and a water fog to extinguish the fire.
The timber-frame building has suffered severe damage, however crews were successful in preventing the fire from spreading to adjoining buildings or the residential accommodation above.
A Suffolk County Council spokesperson has said the fire is not being treated as suspicious.
The Sweet Shop changed its name from The Old Sweet Shop in February last year after undergoing a refurbishment.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east