Fire crews battle chimney fires in Bardwell and Beck Row
Fire crews from Mildenhall and Brandon have extinguished a suspected chimney fire in Beck Row.
The alarm was raised at 3.05 this afternoon and crews arrived to find the lounge of the property, in Blackbird Road, smoke logged. They proceeded to cut into the loft space in order to gain access to the chimney breast before extinguishing the fire using one hose reel.
The fire was out by 4.31 this afternoon.
At 2.31 this afternoon a crew from Ixworth was also called to a chimney fire in Quaker Lane, Bardwell.
The fire was extinguished by 3.11pm using one hose reel and specialised chimney equipment.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North