Farmer hospitalised after being injured by cow
A farmer has been taken to hospital after being seriously injured by a cow protecting its calf.
Volunteer doctor Andy Mason, of Suffolk Accident Rescue Service, was called to West Row at about 5.30pm, yesterday.
He treated a 52-year-old farmer for chest and internal injuries administering a power painkiller and a drug to limit internal bleeding.
The farmer was transferred to West Suffolk Hospital.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North