Fall in for half-term action at the Imperial War Museum Duxford
Whatever week your school’s half-term holiday falls on, the Imperial War Museum Duxford has something fun and interesting to do.
Discover mystery household objects from a 1940s home.
Try your hand at secret agent-style communications by spelling your name on a Morse code tapper and get a certificate to say you did it.
Find out about uniforms worn by the RAF, Army and Home Defence in World War Two. Youngsters can try on mini uniforms.
Meet one of the World War Two-costumed characters, from a US paratrooper to an air raid warden.
The activities take place daily from February 9 to 24 between 11am and 3pm underneath the Concorde in AirSpace and are included in standard admission to IWM Duxford.
Those aged 15 or under get free admission.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North