Exhibition offers vintage cinema lovers a chance to do it yourself
An acclaimed film-maker will be showing movie lovers how vintage can be bang up to date.
German film-maker, Dagie Brundert, is one of several high profile tutors visting Bury St Edmunds to lead a two-day workshop at Smith Row.
The workshop taps into the gallery’s current exhibition, Flicker: Artists and Super 8, and will see Brundert demonstrate the wonders of classic movie film formats.
The exhibition runs until March 23 in conjunction with the Cambridge Super 8 Group.
Tutor Martha Jurksaitis, said: “It is such a fantastic medium for image making - there really is no comparison in the digital world. Super 8 really is a joy to use.”
Dagie Brundert will be at the gallery on March 9 and 10 from 10am to 5pm.
For more information, go to www.smithsrow.org or call the gallery on 01284 762081.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east