Double-act shed light on Suffolk’s isms
Shoppers thought they were seeing double when Charlie Haylock turned up to promote his new book with the help of look-a-like robot X.N.Tric.
Suffolk historian Charlie was signing copies of his latest book of Suffolk-isms, Sloightly on the Sosh, which he hopes will follow the success of best seller, Sloightly on th’ Huh.
Charlie and X.N.Tric’s appearance proved popular with shoppers, requiring the Bury St Edmunds branch of Waterstones to replenish their stock twice.
Charlie will return to Bury St Edmunds for the Christmas Fayre in November.
On Friday 23 and Sunday 25 he will be in Waterstones’ Buttermarket branch and on Saturday 24 he will be in WH Smith.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east