Dog sparks interest in fire safety week
Sparky the firedog took a trip out from RAF Mildenhall to help get over the message of Fire Safety Week.
He and a team from the USAF’s 100th Civil Engineering Squadron’s Fire Department visited St Mary’s Acadamy, Mildenhall, and Beck Row Primary School on Monday to give fire safety demonstrations, including tips on how to escape from a burning house.
The firefighters took a trailer which is able to simulate house fires. They showed the children how to check if a door is warm and explained that if it is, they should not open it but leave by other means.
The Fire Safety Week theme this year is ‘Have two ways out’.
The were able to look over one of the airfield’s fire trucks and some of the youngsters even had the chance to use a fire extinguisher to put out a fire.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east