Do you know somewhere in need of a traffic sign cleanup?
As the Department for Transport launches a prize for councils taking action against ‘the scourge of unnecessary traffic signs’ we ask you to nominate places in need of a clean up.
Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin said today: “Pointless signs blot our landscape, confuse motorists and are expensive to maintain.
“This new award is about recognising and showcasing the good work being done by local authorities across the country,”
If you know of somewhere in West Suffolk or the Thetford area in need of a sign purge, or where one has been done well, please let us know on our Facebook page
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east