Discount retailer sees sales increase
Discount retailer The Original Factory Shop has seen its Bury St Edmunds store almost double the company’s overall like for like sales increase.
Figures for the first 26 weeks to September 30 show the Greyfriars theoriginalfactoryshop.co.uk Road store post a like for like sales rise of 10.4 per cent, against a company estate increase of 5.8 per cent.
The business which sells fashion, footwear, homeware, hardware anbd electricals, saw an overall profit before tax increase of 30 per cent. “More and more consumers are looking for low prices without wanting to compromise on the quality of products,” said chief executive Angela Spindler.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west