Delays to county’s highways contract
On Tuesday, councillors will be asked to award a contract to maintain Suffolk’s highways, valued at up to £200 million over five years, to their second choice tender.
MGWSP, a partnership between May Gurney and WSP, has been selected as Suffolk County Council’s new preferred bidder, after the council was unable to conclude a contract with Balfour Beatty Living Places (BBLP), its previous preferred bidder.
This will delay the start of the contract by six months.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North