Dancing in the streets for fun-filled showcase
THERE was swinging, swaying and records playing as an extravaganza of music and dance swept through Bury St Edmunds town centre.
Organisers and performers at Saturday’s second annual Churchgate Showcase – the Big Street Dance – refused to let the wet weather rain on their parade as hundreds of people enjoyed a variety of acts.
The eclectic programme included Chinese Dragon Dancers, King Edward VI School Dance Company and the Aquarius Singers.
Meanwhile, a performance by Rwandan dancers was enjoyed by the Rwandan Olympics team and the Deputy High Commissioner for Rwanda.
The event, in Churchgate, Hatter and Whiting Streets, as well as Langton Place, was organised by the Churchgate Showcase – a voluntary body of businesses and residents, who want to celebrate and promote the area.
Marian Shaw, chairman of the Churchgate Showcase committee, said: “People thoroughly enjoyed it and the performers were great.”
Funds raised will go towards running costs and Sport for Rwanda.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west