Cyclist injured in Risby crash dies
A MAN on a bicycle who was involved in a collision with a car on Sunday has died.
The cyclist, who was in his fifties, was taken to Addenbrookes hospital with serious injuries following the accident in Risby at around 2.35pm.
Police were contacted by the ambulance service who reported that the cyclist, a man from the Risby area, had sustained head injuries when his bike was involved in a collision with a red Nissan Micra in Newmarket Road.
The road was closed while an investigation took place and it reopened at around 5.40pm.
Anyone who saw the incident is asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North