Couple’s auction and race night net funds for West Suffolk Hospital
A fund-raising auction and race night organised by Dave and Sarah Gooderham has raised £4,400 for a new £60,000 bereavement room at West Suffolk Hospital.
The Bury St Edmunds hospital cared for their premature son George who was born six weeks early weighing just 4lb 4oz.
George was cared for at the hospital’s neo natal unitwi.
Dave is also aiming to tackle the Three Peaks Challenge along with a team of seven friends in July for the hospital.
The new room will provide a calm and comfortable space for families who can receive support following miscarriage and the loss of a baby. It will include a sitting area and an en suite bedroom.
Jan Bloomfield, executive director with responsibility for fund-raising, said: “We are extremely grateful to Dave and Sarah for their fantastic fund-raising efforts.”
Anyone interested in raising money for the bereavement suite should contact Claire Webb on 01284 712952.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North