County drops down Key Stage Four league table
Suffolk has dropped down the Key Stage Four league table - landing in the bottom 10.
The county was named 142nd out of 151 local authorities with only 51 per cent of pupils achieving five A*-C grades including English and maths compared to the national average of 59 per cent.
It follows changes to GCSE grade boundaries in the summer which affected a number of top performing schools.
However, there has been a strong increase in A-level results.
On average in Suffolk the number of points per student for A-levels has increased by 27 points compared to last year.
For full details see Friday’s Bury Free Press.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North