Counselling and training centre now open
A NEW counselling service and training centre has been officially launched in Bury St Edmunds.
The Annexe, which is affiliated to rehabilitation charity Focus12, showcased its services at an open event on Wednesday afternoon.
The facility, in 88-89 St John’s Street, which features three therapy rooms, was set up following a £25,000 grant to pay for a refurbishment of the property and cover two years’ rent.
Chip Somers, chief executive of Focus12, said: “We’ve always wanted to have a separate environment where people with anxiety, depresion or relationship issues could have a more appropriate space.
“We’re developing a group of counsellors who have their own different therapeutic styles.”
A larger room is also available for organisations to use for meetings, training sessions and workshops. For further information call 01284 765312.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west