Councillor takes part in dryathlon
A councillor from Moreton Hall is taking part in the country’s first ‘dryathlon’.
‘Dryathlete’ Sarah Stamp, a St Edmundsbury borough councillor, has committed herself to not drinking any alcohol for the entire month of January, for charity.
She said: “I am not drinking for January to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
“As well as getting sponsorship and donations, I will donate any money I would have spent on alcohol in January to the cause.”
To find out more about the event, which 35,000 Britons are taking part in, visit www.dryathlon.org.uk
To sponsor Cllr Stamp, go to www.justgiving.com/dryathlete-sarah-stamp/
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east