Council unveils economic plan
A major new economic plan for Suffolk has been unveiled to help businesses flourish, create jobs and increase prosperity.
The county council launched the ambitious ‘Growth Strategy’ focusing on priorities such as skills, inward investment, enterprise, infrastructure and locations for development.
The authority has also championed the Invest in Suffolk campaign designed to attract more businesses to the county.
The initiatives were showcased to dozens of business men and women as well as council represenatives at the Apex, in Bury St Edmunds, on Wednesday.
A three year delivery programme for growth will be published this summer and updated on an annual basis.
Cllr Mark Bee, leader of the county council, said: “It’s all about selling what we’ve got.
“People can go on the website and contact us for information about how to set up a business to help them to flourish.”
Visit www. investinsuffolk.com
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- BNI aims for £1 million business growth following launch in Bury St Edmunds
- Priory School gets gold star marking
- Police call for compensation claim not to detract from officers’ ‘hard work’
- Suffolk’s Police and Crime Commissioner sets out priorities for local policing
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west