Council pilots permit parking
A permit scheme aimed at easing parking congestion in an area of Moreton Hall is currently being piloted.
Last month, permits were handed to employees of businesses in Lawson Place, allowing them to park in the nearby council-owned Heldhaw Road site.
The trial will last for three months, after which time it will be reviewed.
But Cllr Frank Warby is concerned that too few employees are using it.
“Use it or lose it,” he warned this week.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west