Community hubs to get a make-over
Plans to refurbish the Jubilee Centre and The Pavilion were announced last week.
The two buildings, in Recreation Way, Mildenhall, were built in 1989 and have not received any substantial upgrades since that time.
Mildenhall Parish Council chairman, Malcom Smith, said they were ‘lovely facilities’ that needed to be ‘tided up’ and ‘made more user friendly’.
The council is looking at changing the layout of The Pavilion, improving insulation in the Jubilee Centre and redecorating and updating throughout.
It is working to secure outside funding to cover the costs of the refurbishment, which is hoped to begin in 2013.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east