College sees A*-C rise
STUDENTS’ cheers echoed around Mildenhall College as they celebrated their GCSE results yesterday.
The school saw a six per cent increase in students gaining five A*-C grades, up to 94 per cent.
Headteacher Susan Byles said: “The success of our students is a testimony to the tremendous hard work and effort they have put in.”
However Ms Byles expressed concern about the national fall in English grades.
Full GCSE report on Pages 6 & 7.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east