Climb the tower for great views
THE TOWER of St Mary’s Church in Mildenhall, will be open to the public for one weekend only.
The tower of the church, which dates back to 1300, will be open from 2-6pm on Sunday, August 26, and from noon-6pm on bank holiday Monday.
Adults will be charged £3 to climb the tower and children will be charged £1 but must be over the age of 10 and accompanied by an adult.
Refreshments, including home-made cakes will be served in the cottage room next to the church during the two days.
All profits will go towards the installation of a new boiler in the church.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North