Church hit by thieves
A BRASS Victorian lectern has been stolen from a rural church.
It was stolen from St Mary’s Church in Coney Weston between 8am and 5.30pm on Tuesday.
Police say the thieves walked into the unlocked church and took the, which is described as four feet high, with a brass spiral stand and two brass candlestick holders.
It is the second time this month that thieves have struck at the church. On August 1 or 2 a gas canister was stolen.
The church, built in 1350, is just outside the village in Hopton Road.
Police would like anyone with information to call Sgt Kevin Jay, quoting crime number BR/12/548 on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west