Chimney blazes starts fires in thatch
A chimney fire started several small fires in the thatched roof of a house in Bulls Road, Hemingstone, this afternoon.
Fire crews from Needham Market, Ipswich and Stowmarket, plus the Multistar hydraulic platform from Bury St Edmunds were called at 3.40pm and a stop call went out at about 4.10pm.
The fires in the thatched were extinguished using a hose reel jet then a thermal imaging camera was used to check the roof for hot spots.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east