Children shine as school stages Olympic ceremony
A KALEIDOSCOPE of music, dance and colour swirled through a village school as it launched its Olympic celebrations.
Pupils at Risby Primary became athletes and performers for the day when they held their own Olympic ceremony starting with a parade.
After singing a mascot song, they then danced two numbers followed by a torch relay.
It culminated with the reception class performing a fire dance before all classes formed the five rings of the Olympics.
The event kicked off the school’s Olympic topic.
Christine Anthony, PE co-ordinator, said: “It lasted a whole hour and looked fantastic.
“The children really embraced the whole opening ceremony and loved doing it.
“We talked about the Olympic values to broaden their understanding of what the games are about.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Council chief to be guest speaker at Bury St Edmunds Chamber of Commerce annual meeting
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west